Just a quick update as I can’t seem to sleep. Here’s the latest.
• Wisdom tooth is out. Didn’t need a root canal so that’s good, had two fillings also.
• Got a bit of cold. So has everyone else at the moment.
• The new Metal Gear game is a bit rubbish. Played through the demo. If I wanted to play Bayonetta I’d have downloaded that instead. By the way, full game prices on the PlayStation network are hilarious. It would be cheaper to put together my own game studio and produce each game myself.
• Been listening to this during my workout: http://open.spotify.com/album/0k3QMo75iLovMxhxkYy4RB – great for those with short music attention spans and keeps the tempo up.
• Never buy a device directly from Google and expect any level of customer service. Returned the Nexus 4 weeks ago and they still haven’t refunded me. Nobody at Google knows whats going on. Time to get the law on my side later this week if this persists.
• The CyanogenMod team have fixed the only bug holding me back from using CM 10.1 as my daily driver on the SGS3. It only took an email directly to one of the head devs and it was fixed that evening. Result.
• Californication – how the hell did I miss this? Absolutely brilliant.
• My new Cineworld Unlimited Premium card came through. Now I get 3D films for no extra and I get 25% off food and drink. So now I only need to take £200 if I fancy snacks.
• Die Hard – the new movie is utterly, pathetically and completely abysmal. Hang your head in shame Bruce Willis. You didn’t need the money that badly.
Don’t think much else has happened. Time for sleep.
How does a snowman get to work?
Hilarious, I know. Somewhat fitting though as I spent Friday working from home as there was no way I was going to get the car out when I could barely get the front door open with how deep the snow was. After I finished work on Friday I basically did nothing but lounge around playing video games until Sunday morning. What games did I play? Glad you asked.
Battlefield 3 – after recently blowing the dust off my PS3 of late thanks to getting the PS Vita for Christmas and investing in PSPlus, I saw this on offer in Asda – £5 pre-owned. Considering I’d never actually played BF3 I thought I’d pick it up. First impressions? The games developers assume that, on the normal difficulty level, you’re a professional gamer with a talent for spotting bad guys from a million yards that have pinpoint accuracy. Its the first game in a long while where I’ve had to start again on an easier difficulty level to save myself the frustration. Besides that, its clear that the Frostbite engine is incredible. Its stressed my PS3 enough to freeze it a couple of times (love the irony) so I eventually had enough. Well worth a play though if you’re into FPS games and have somehow missed it like I did.
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim – I’ve owned this for the PC for some time but again I somehow managed to avoid it. I started playing it previously but couldn’t get on with it so left it alone (yes, stupid I know). Now that I’ve done everything there is to do in FarCry 3 I needed another open-world game to explore so decided to give it another bash. Oblivion was the game that I’d spent more hours playing that I care to imagine so what was it that I didn’t get on with I wondered? It soon became clear – I just couldn’t get on with using a mouse and keyboard to play the game. So, in went the 360 wired controller, out went the video via HDMI to my TV and there went my weekend. The scale of the game is nothing short of epic, nothing else compares or even comes close. FC3 is pretty big but this just takes the piss. I’ve been playing for over 22 hours since I started and I’m just beginning. If you haven’t played this game then do yourself a favour and get it done. Its the only game I’m going to need for some time I think.
Today came and the snow had subsided enough to dig the car out. Dinner at my nan’s was short and sweet and then I headed to Rhianwen’s as I hadn’t seen her or the kids for a few days. Luckily I managed to keep myself occupied to pass the time but that doesn’t stop me from missing her and the kids. Noisy little feckers but I do love them.
Off the watch some Trevor McDonald now and then an early night I think. I’ve missed having someone to keep me warm at night